Bill Davidsen wrote:
That is, the fonts used to present menus, etc. The Fedora Linux releases of seamonkey have those fonts set to something very small (perhaps 4-6pt) and I can't seem to change them.

The default menu font sizes are set outside SeaMonkey. On Linux SeaMonkey is a GTK application so it's controlled by that. If you're using Gnome I guess there's a switch to control the system-wide GTK font sizes somewhere, if you're using KDE there's the option of having KDE control the GTK settings, too (in kcontrol).

Depending on your SeaMonkey version it's using GTK 1 or GTK 2 (usually the latter). There are configuation files for both versions (.gtkrc and .gtkrc-2.0, both in your $HOME directory). There's a handy program called gtk-theme-switch (at least for Debian) that allows to modify those files using a graphical interface. Try this if you don't find settings in your desktop environment's configuration.

You don't necessarily have to change the system settings, though. SeaMonkey's interface can be adapted using a file called userChrome.css which resides in the chrome directory of your profile (create it if it doesn't exist). See [1] for an example of what to put there.

Note: The "menubar > menu" in the example doesn't work because it means "the menu element one level below the menubar element" while the menu element is in fact two levels below the menubar element (I'll spare you the details of how to find that using the DOM Inspector). You can simply write "menubar menu", though, which means "any menu element somewhere below a menubar element".

Regarding the Subject line you can try a CSS rule with the "#expandedSubjectBox" prefix or, for the whole header box, #msgHeaderView. If you are using Mnenhy, [2] is worth a read.

To try styles without modifying userChrome.css, use Stylish [3] (some changes affect only new windows).

[1] <>
[2] <>
[3] <>

Jens Hatlak <>