Roger Fink wrote:
JD wrote:
Roger Fink wrote:
I doubt if there is an easy fix for this, but if there is, this is a
good place to find it. Problem: Google Street View only works
intermittently. Sometimes everything loads fine: I click on the
"Street View" in the box overlaid on the street map, and the camera
street pan is displayed. But lately most of the time the box doesn't
even load. Nor does the slider on the left to increase/decrease the
zoom.

There are other javascript problems with this installation, such as
the cookie list taking a very long time to load, or the popup box
taking a very long time to accept or get rid of a checkmark, each
usually accompanied by an error message. Maybe it's all related, or
maybe not.

Using SM 1.1.9. No problem in IE.

I just checked and it works great for me. SM 1.1.14, Windows XP. I've
never had a problem with Google street view and SM. I know this
doesn't
help you very much but I don't think it's a SM problem. I don't have
to change my UA either.

I just created a new profile and Street View now works with that with no
problem. I think my extensions, alone or interacting with one another, are
the cause of the problem:

Adblock Plus, Dictionary Search, Extension Manager/EM API, Image Zoom, Menu
Editor, No Squint, Prefbar, Themer, xSidebar and Minimize to Tray.

I've been throught quite a few SeaMonkey upgradess, and the extension list
(not necessarily the version numbers) has remained constant, a couple of the
newer ones being added as they became available. Every upgrade I can recall
with the present extension set has eventually developed javascript problems.

All I have is PrefBar and Adblock Plus. I'm not familiar with Image Zoom but since we're dealing with images that would be my first suspect. ;-)

Since it works with the new profile I guess you could start installing your extensions and see which one creates the problem?

--
 JD..