Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Roger Fink wrote:
>
>> If I encrypt it, is there any way I could temporarily "unencryt" it,
>> so that I could I could view a password? I find myself looking up
>> passwords stored in SM on the few occasions when I need to use IE6
>> to access a password (for instance I have difficulty using the
>> Newegg checkout using SeaMonkey).
>>
> Unfortunately I have never had any problem with it, to the great
> dismay of my bank balance. ;-)
>
> Seriously, I've been using SM with newegg for years, so you may have
> an option set differently, or it might be a Windows thing. I went to
> SM/Linux about 1.0.6 or so.

Newegg's been going donwhill - I'm still waiting for tracking information
for a package that was sent out two days ago from 250 miles away.
allmusic.com is a little more serious - almost impossible to use their on
site search engine in Seamonkey, especially if it yields a lot of results,
at least for me.

A friend of mine once described Internet password schemes as a store with a
triple-locked front door and no back wall. I'm not going to worry about
this.