Tom wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Tom wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Tom wrote:
This is on a computer with Vista SP1 and everything completely updated.

I have been using Seamonkey on all of my computers and have had no problems until now.

I notice that some web sites don't work properly, and some of those inform me that I need to enable Javascript. It is already enabled. This is only happening on the one computer AFAIK.

I uninstalled Seamonkey and then downloaded and installed a fresh copy, but it is still the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

first, a lesson: all your data, preferences, settings, bookmarks, mail, etc, is stored in an area called the SM Profile. This profile is separate from the program. When you uninstall, all you're doing is removing the program. The profile is not touched.

That being said, close SM, then click on the windows start button, then run and enter:

seamonkey.exe -p

this will start the SM profile manager. Create a test profile. Does the problem continue in this test profile?

With a new Test profile Javascript is working. I guess now all I have to do is figure out what is set differently on this computer compared to the other five computers that I use. I might just start over fresh with a new profile. Thanks for the help.

in the other profile, what extensions/addons have you installed? For example, noscripts, adblock, flashblock, or something else?

Adblock. But I always install that and it never gave me problems. Do you think Adblock is the problem?

it could. Uninstall it and see what happens. To do that, you need the extension manager and the extension uninstaller:

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.