JeffM wrote:
John Doue wrote:
[about the throbber]
As Robert said, it is actually the SM bird on default themes.

»Q« wrote:
That thing's an abstraction of a Sea-Monkey, not a bird.
Actual Sea-Monkeys look like this:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Artemia_salina.jpg>

...and, as is indicated on that page,
*sea monkey* is another name for Brine Shrimp.
I think the sea monkey term was made up by marketers
who put ads in the back of comic books
so they could swindle 8 year olds out of their allowances.

SeaMonkey was the developers term when they were programming Netscape