In
<news:096a263d-5bf4-441b-9eb3-28cde4b13...@g1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
JeffM <jef...@email.com> wrote:

> >John Doue wrote:
> >>[about the throbber]
> >>As Robert said, it is actually the SM bird on default themes.
> >>
> »Q« wrote:
> >That thing's an abstraction of a Sea-Monkey, not a bird.
> >Actual Sea-Monkeys look like this:
> ><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Artemia_salina.jpg>
>
> ...and, as is indicated on that page,
> *sea monkey* is another name for Brine Shrimp.
> I think the sea monkey term was made up by marketers
> who put ads in the back of comic books
> so they could swindle 8 year olds out of their allowances.

Yes, the marketing name is "Sea-Monkeys".  They got me at about that
age, and KaiRo more recently.  ;)

Old ad: <http://therawfeed.com/pix/seamonkeys-lg.jpg>

Current site: <http://www.sea-monkeys.com/>

KaiRo's:
<http://home.kairo.at/blog/2007-09/sea_monkeys_living_in_a_seamonkey_team_m>
<http://home.kairo.at/blog/2008-03/6_month_old_sea_monkeys>

I've set the followups to mozilla.general.

--
                                      ASCII Ribbon Campaign      \ /