Hi,

I'm considering an upgrade from Mozilla 1.7.13.

Should I wait until SeaMonkey 2.0 is released? What's the ETA of 2.0?

Any dos and don'ts that I should be aware of?

My old Mozilla profile has about ten e-mail accounts and five-or-so newsgroup accounts, one of which requires authentication to post messages.

The old Mozilla profile has a huge LocalFolders tree with about 10 Gbyte of data in it, divided into hundreds of folders. It also has several filters for incoming e-mail due to mailing list subscriptions.

Will all this be correctly imported into SeaMonkey? 1.1? 2.0?

Can I keep using Mozilla in parallel? In that case, will SeaMonkey clone/copy the local folders with all content or just reference the Mozilla local folders?

Mozilla used to store message folders in a plaintext format which was sometimes very handy, e.g. when something got corrupted it was easy to fix it by hacking the text file. How are folders stored in SeaMonkey?

Anything else I should know about or consider before upgrading?

Thanks!
Kjell
Kjell Rilbe
Home: +46 8 7610734