JM wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Daniel wrote:
SM 1.1.12 on MandrivaLinux 2007.0 on Dial-up

Yesterday, I was checking out one of my UseNet server groups, decided I needed to make a 'phone call, so hung up my Internet connection.

Moments later, I decided that I needed to reply to the message that I was reading (forgetting that I was off-line) so clicked "Reply".

The screen opened with the header info (group name and thread name) and even showed whom I was replying to, but did not quote any of the thread to which I was responding.

Why?? I'm guessing that this means that SM was supposed to go to the world, re-download the message and re-format if for my reply, but WHY??

I've already downloaded the message, so why cannot SM just go to the Cache to get the info, why does it have to re-download the message??

Do other News readers also show this behavior??

Daniel

you're not viewing the message on your computer. You've viewing it on the server. Therefore, when you go offline, the message isn't there on your computer, because you haven't downloaded anything.

Is it the same for thunderbird?

SeaMonkey is about the same as a Firefox and Thunderbird combo.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm