Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
flyguy wrote:
Email text could always be enlarged using CTRL +/-, but only now did I find an easy way to enlarge the text in the Message and Folder panes. Right click the desktop, select Properties, Appearance tab, Advanced button, Item: Message Box, and set the font as desired.

This probably affects other items (Message Boxes - you think?), but I haven't used it long enough to tell, and my wife is so pleased she doesn't care if other stuff is broken.

first, get yourself an extension such as Stylish. This will allow you to make changes to SM: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/2108

Now, add the following scripts to make various changes in the following areas:

/* to change the account names and folders to a bigger size */
#folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text
{font-size: 14px !important; }

/* To make the thread pane [aka header pane] bigger */

#threadTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text
{font-size: 14px !important; }

/* To make the messages bigger */

.moz-text-plain, .moz-text-flowed, .moz-text-html
{font-size: 120% ! important;}

NOTE: where it says font-size, you can make that any size you want. You can make it in px or as a percentage of what it already is.

Thanks, Peter. So far, so good, but if that changes I'll give Stylish a try. I didn't know about it before.