On 3/5/2009 10:35 AM, John wrote:
> Benoit Renard wrote:
>> John wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to fix this, other than not using Hotmail? Thanks!
>> Spoofing your web browser as Firefox or appending
>> Firefox/ to your user agent string should make it work.
>> Bad web browser sniffing is at work.
> YES! Spoofing as either Firefox 2 or Firefox 3 seems to fix the problem.
> I wonder why spoofing as IE7 doesn't work?
> Would there be a way to fix this if I didn't have Prefbar installed? Is
> there a way to spoof Firefox 2 as the default? If so, would this be a
> good idea? Thanks again!
> John

You have seen an example of bug #396259.  See

Permanently spoofing Firefox is a bad idea.  It removes any incentive
for Web developers to correct invalid sniffing or -- better -- to
realize that they shouldn't sniff at all.

If you don't want to use the Prefbar extension for temporary spoofing,
you might try uabar at <https://www.mozdev.org/projects/overview/uabar/>
or useragentswitcher at
<https://www.mozdev.org/projects/overview/useragentswitcher/>.  Since I
use Prefbar, I can't help you with either of these.

David E. Ross