On 03/06/2009 12:03 PM, opm595 wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Just installed x-shockwave-flash V10 for .deb (Linux Debian Ubuntu 8.04)
> from the Adobe site but unfortunately I can't get it (flash) to work in
> Seamonkey. I use FF regularly and Flash works fine in that. Therefore,
> I'm guessing I need to install some additional .lib+ files or something
> to cradle the flash install in SM. If anyone would be kind enough to let
> me know of what additional files I need to install that would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> Rob

In your ./mozilla directory create a subfolder .plugins if you don't
already have one. Then:

$ cd /home/<yourusername>/.mozilla/plugins

create a symbolic link to the location where you installed 10; example
of mine that is installed in /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin:

$ ln -s /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so

Restart SeaMonkey.

Hint: the Ubuntu repositories are finally starting to become reliable
for flash. Use Synaptic & remove whatever you have installed and install
adobe-flashplugin (it's version 10). Or from a terminal:

$ sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin

Then use the exact 'ln -s' as provided above.