Karl Anderson wrote:
How can I disable an embedded Windows Media Player from starting automatically? I have my Quicktime plugin set to load but not start till I hit the play button.
Flashblock keeps flash audio from autostarting.
I'd like to set my WMP plugin to display, but not start till I click play.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv: Gecko/20080313 SeaMonkey/1.1.9 Mnenhy/

from about:plugins
Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

    File name: NPDSPLAY.DLL
    Npdsplay dll

MIME Type     Description     Suffixes     Enabled
application/asx     Media Files     *     Yes
video/x-ms-asf-plugin     Media Files     *     Yes
application/x-mplayer2     Media Files     *     Yes
video/x-ms-asf     Media Files     asf,asx,*     Yes
video/x-ms-wm     Media Files     wm,*     Yes
audio/x-ms-wma     Media Files     wma,*     Yes
audio/x-ms-wax     Media Files     wax,*     Yes
video/x-ms-wmv     Media Files     wmv,*     Yes
video/x-ms-wvx     Media Files     wvx,*     Yes

Try this add-on.