On 4/4/2009 6:39 PM, Pat Connors wrote:
>> you got links to some sites?
> This is the one I use most, NY Mets site:
> http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nym
>
> I already have the autoplay on the right shut off.  It is iffy that the
> page freezes.  Sometimes it opens and then other times it doesn't.  When
> it freezes, I need to do an ctrl-alt-del to shut down the browser.  Then
> I can start it up again no problem and get on the MLB site without much
> problems.
>
> My plug-ins include:
> Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in 11.0
> Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
>
> Thanks in advance for help.

As with the MLB home page, the New York Mets home page has Flash
elements to provide video.  Install the FlashBlock extension to control
them.

The page also has very many graphics (photos, logos, banners), which
take extra time to load and display.  For each graphic, SeaMonkey must
send a request to the server and wait for a response.  I suspect their
server is not very fast, so loading takes a while during which the
window freezes.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>