Benoit Renard wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
Why not just use Adblock Plus? It not only hides advertisements, it blocks their download.

it doesn't block everything. Just like my hosts file doesn't block everything.

What, and your userContent.css does hide everything?

if you know how to find crap things on sites, then you CAN elimiate them. For example, for me, on, all I've got is the mail icon, which takes me to the screenname page, and all I've got there is the login box. On both pages I've trashed everything else. Now, both of those pages takes a second or two to load, instead of anywhere from 5 to 90 seconds.

Notice: This posting is protected under the Free Speech Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world, except for some strange reason, not to the newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.