On 04/15/09 22:24, DoctorBill wrote:

> OK..here's the thing...I had seen what you describe about the off line
> settings, but "Local Folders" doesn't show up there - Just my ISP's
> folders and this News Group.
>
> The Folders under my ISP are on the ISP's disks.
>
> If I send something out, it goes in my "Local Folders" SENT Folder.
> If I want to save a message - it goes in my "Local Folders" ......
> Folder (I have many set up).
>
> "Local Folders" shows up everywhere but the place you describe...?

Local Folders is stored on your local machine (hence the name Local).
You do not have to select the Local folders for off-line use, as they
are already local.

However, when you delete e-mail messages, they should be going to the
trash folder of the account (for IMAP, these will be at the server) so
you may want to set the Trash folder for off-line use, as someone has
said.