DoctorBill schrieb:
Fairly often now, I can Google something and after a delay, the page is
totally blank - empty !

This is strange for Google as it always seemed quite rapid and complete.

Would this be happening because of my system SM 1.1 on dialup - or -
something new with the Internet and Google ?

Doing a "reload" brings up the page, however.

I understand that the Internet is slowing down because of umpteen
gozillion Chinese are now "surfing" and 1 out of 10 doing their damndest
to hack into everything American.

Anyway - pages are starting to come up blank after the obligate Dialup wait.

Any thoughts?

DoctorBill

Have you played with your TCP/IP settings recently? (MTU, any window size, TTL, ...)
Or used any "tuning" software which might have changed things like that?
regards

Martin