On 05/08/2009 03:18 PM, horst39 wrote:
> Suddenly since a few days on some sites (which I have used hundreds of
> times before without problems) I suddenly get following message:
>
> Incorrect Response
> This document cannot be displayed unless you install the Personal
> Security Manager (PSM). Download and install PSM and try again, or
> contact your system administrator.
> The site responded to the network request in an unexpected way and the
> browser cannot continue.
>
> It seems that PSM is a program needed for Netscape 6 and Communicator 4.
> But I'm using SM 1.1.16 !
> The above message appears in following sites:
> http://www.google.com/preferences?hl=en (at the end of the page)
> https://addons.mozilla.org/seamonkey/
> Does this happen to me only?
> What do you suggest me to do?
> Horst

Are you running ZoneAlarm or some other software firewall?

Possibly this is the problem:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey1.1.16/known-issues
<quote>
Security
On Windows, some software firewalls may block SeaMonkey from properly
accessing the Internet. If SeaMonkey is not working properly, check that
your firewall settings allows SeaMonkey to connect to the net. If your
receive a warning from ZoneAlarm that SeaMonkey attempts to set itself
up as a local server, it is due to SeaMonkey communicating with Personal
Security Manager (PSM) which is required to access secure Web and mail
servers, and you should allow SeaMonkey access.
</quote>