Fred schrieb:
Martin Feitag wrote:
Fred wrote:
Hello,
I've switched to SM 2 a couple days ago, and I like it a lot so far,
especially the add-on manager, clear privacy date to name a few
features.

But please give us a tick box in the final release under
preferences|downloads, "Don't save zone information" or something.

These security warnings I get when opening exe files is driving me
insane and after hours of googling and registry editing, I still haven't
found a solution.

BTW: Will attachments be back in the file menu?

Thanks

Fred

Maybe you want to set SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS with the value 1 in your
windows system? That disables that warning entirely. :-)
regards

Martin

PS: Menubar => Message => Attachments?

Thanks,

But during my googling I found that solution but it had no effect. I
even rebooted but still no effect. Both these registry settings were
supposed to work:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion
\Policies \Attachments] SaveZoneInformation = "1"

and

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Environment]
SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS = "1"

But neither did.

However this did work:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion
\Policies \Associations] LowRiskFileTypes = ".mp3 .wma .jpg .whatever
you want"

At least it prevents the security warning, but the files are still saved
with zone information.

Using Downthemall works too.

Thanks about the menubar. I guess it will take a while before I ge
familiar with the menus :-)

Fred

I set SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS = 1 via Properties of "My Computer" => Advanced => ... and it works. But I didn't take the user, I took the system-wide settings at the bottom there. That was rather painless and fast.
regards

Martin