Martin Feitag wrote:
Fred schrieb:
 Martin Feitag wrote:
 Fred wrote:
 Hello,
 I've switched to SM 2 a couple days ago, and I like it a lot so far,
 especially the add-on manager, clear privacy date to name a few
 features.

 But please give us a tick box in the final release under
 preferences|downloads, "Don't save zone information" or something.

 These security warnings I get when opening exe files is driving me
 insane and after hours of googling and registry editing, I still haven't
 found a solution.

 BTW: Will attachments be back in the file menu?

 Thanks

 Fred

 Maybe you want to set SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS with the value 1 in your
 windows system? That disables that warning entirely. :-)
 regards

 Martin

 PS: Menubar =>  Message =>  Attachments?

 Thanks,

 But during my googling I found that solution but it had no effect. I
 even rebooted but still no effect. Both these registry settings were
 supposed to work:

 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion
 \Policies \Attachments] SaveZoneInformation = "1"

 and

 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Environment]
 SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS = "1"

 But neither did.

 However this did work:

 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software \Microsoft \Windows \CurrentVersion
 \Policies \Associations] LowRiskFileTypes = ".mp3 .wma .jpg .whatever
 you want"

 At least it prevents the security warning, but the files are still saved
 with zone information.

 Using Downthemall works too.

 Thanks about the menubar. I guess it will take a while before I ge
 familiar with the menus :-)

 Fred

I set SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS = 1 via Properties of "My Computer" =>
Advanced =>  ... and it works.
But I didn't take the user, I took the system-wide settings at the
bottom there. That was rather painless and fast.
regards

Martin
Thanks, I tried your method as well but I still got the warnings. But LowRiskFileTypes in the registry worked, so now I don't get the warnings.

Fred