Mark Hansen wrote:
  When installing in my profile, I get an error -239, then it says
that "Chrome registration failed".

In that case check the permissions of the files inside and below the chrome/ directory inside your profile folder. While extensions are installed permissions are sometimes/often set wrongly. Try something like this (at your own risk; make a backup if needed):

chmod -R u+rw /path/to/your/SM/profile/chrome/*

If you have a folder called overlayinfo/ inside your chrome/ folder that could also be the cause. It's not required for normal SM operation (it's a relic from the old times) and can be deleted but then you'll have to reinstall some/all extensions.

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>