Willard wrote:
Martin Feitag wrote:
Willard schrieb:
Martin Feitag wrote:
Martin Feitag schrieb:
Willard schrieb:
Win2Kpro on both PCs..
How can the Mail and Bookmarks be easily synchronized on both PCs, so
that each will have all of the same early and late messages when they
are connected together occasionally??
Use any synchronisation software of your choice or write a simple
batch-file which copies bookmarks.html and the mailbox-files from one
profile to the corresponding profile directory of the other PC.

For profile information have a look here:
http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/
Especially that one:
http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/

If there are still questions left after reading that feel free to ask.
regards

Martin
sry the second link was meant to be:
http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#transferring
I still can't find how to merge or sync the individual mail messages
from one mail folder to another..
Sync programs will merge complete mail files of messages but not the
individual mail messages from one mail file to another..
For example, PC1 has 5 mail messages dated 7/1 while PC2 has 5 mail
messages dated 7/2; how do I sync so both PCs have 10 mail messages
dated 7/1 & 7/2 ??

Uhoh, that will be more tricky.
The "copying the profile"-approach assumes that both machines are not running at the same time. It assumes you copy your profile after finishing you work on one PC to another one and vice versa.

Real synching is not possible that easy. I have to say usually IMAP or at least POP3 with the option "leave messages on the server until deleted" is being used (on at least one PC) and not all messages being fetched and deleted from the server as this causes a lot more trouble. You might consider changing that or switching to IMAP if possible.

If your problem is the getting all mails on one machine just once to get started, it's probably the easiest way to send them to yourself and filter them (if it's not many) or copy the mailbox-files (inbox etc.), renaming them and throwing them into the profile folder of the other PC. That should integrate the new folder. This will cause duplicates (if existing) of course in different folders, but it's the fastest approach. You can then leave them there or move them to another folder (e.g. inbox, sent, etc.) from within Semonkey very easily. After that, perform the steps to "leave" messages on the server on at least one machine mentioned above or switch to IMAP...
regards

Martin
Thanks, Martin

I think that "leaving messages on the server and auto download" on "both computers" will suffice..

Willard :)

Good Idea .... this is what i do, with the use of the free program called "PopTray" - who can delete mails on the server.