Paul Hartman wrote:
On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:02 PM, DoctorBill<ab...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I frequent a certain Automotive Forum.

If I am on that forum and go to "work off line" and hang up,
then come back maybe 30 minutes later, go "online" and redial,
would that forum still be active - or would I have to re-log in ?

If my browser is still on that forum does it just continue where
I left off....

If that were to work, I could frequent the Forum w/o keeping the
phone line tied up.

I think it'd work fine as long as you don't try to click anything. If
you just leave the browser open while disconnected from the internet
it shouldn't be any different than leaving it sitting there when you
are connected.

I'll probably get told I should the experiment...

Which I did and Low and Behold - it worked !

I don't know why I had not thought of this before...

This allows me to essentially stay on a website (which isn't timed like banks, etc) for very long periods of time w/o logging in over and over....

Neat.

DoctorBill