DoctorBill wrote:

I frequent a certain Automotive Forum.

If I am on that forum and go to "work off line" and hang up,
then come back maybe 30 minutes later, go "online" and redial,
would that forum still be active - or would I have to re-log in ?

If my browser is still on that forum does it just continue where
I left off....

If that were to work, I could frequent the Forum w/o keeping the
phone line tied up.

Depends on the site's cookie policy.

Sites that require login generally set a cookie that they can read whenever they need to verify that you've logged in. If you clear cookies or close your browser (which may well clear cookies if that's the way you've set your prefs), the site will fail to read the nonexistent cookie and require you to log in again. But generally just sitting there (online or offlien) will not clear the cookie. And if you have SeaMonkey set to leave cookies alone on close, you can probably close and reopen it with no problem.

However, some sites have policies that defeat this approach. Many financial sites will clear cookies after nn minutes of inactivity as a security measure. And one of my favorite public-records sites clears all cookies at 1 AM every night and requires me to re-sign their disclaimer.

Paul B. Gallagher