I am encountering problems and questions moving from Mozilla 1.7.12 to SeaMonkey 1.1.17 under WinXP Pro SP2.

Problems:
  1. Although my preferences are set to download messages at
     startup and every 10 minutes, all that happens is that I'm
     alerted that mail is available on the server and I have to
     manually download.
  2. When searching messages, the drop down menu *ALL* SUBfolders
     not just the top level folders. My folder levels can be 4
     deep and my primary email account has over 80 folders. When
     searching, I always want to search at the account level.
  3. As I have multiple profiles I force both Mozilla and
     SeaMonkey to start in Profile Manager (-p option). SeaMonkey
     ignores the status of Work Offline check box. Is this a *BUG*
     or have I not set up something correctly.
       {related to *DESIGN FLAW* in Firefox that you can not
        switch offline/online DURING a session????}

Questions:
  1. Can prefs.js force email preferences - specifically "view as
     plain text" and disable JavaScript in email?
  2. Is there a simple (read automatic) way to setup multiple
     profiles having identical email & newsgroup settings?