stan wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:
stan wrote:
This is probably not a problem for this news group but I don't know where to begin.

When I play videos from CBS.com, sometimes the video and audio will go out of sync as I am watching the video. Is this related to the program that SM uses to play the video? Can it be changed to a better program by me?

Thanks
Stan

First make sure you use the SD (not the HD) clips.
Are you using SM 1.1.17?

Yes, I'm using 1,1,17. I've had this kind of problem for a long time. I thought my new computer which is much faster might help and it does to a great degree, but still times when auio/video gets out of sync.

You may have other programs (such as a DVD player) which hook-into the interrupt chain then decide not to take action. For some people who have collected a LOT of programs that act upon IO (Input/Output) the time involved can really Add up!

There's a program called "Process Explorer" that you can download for free that *might* help you find such other programs.

OR you can just uninstall all a/v (audio/video) tools you have which you do not use regularly.

Note that what I'm saying is not browser related, but system related.