On or about 8/13/2009 5:39 AM, Martin Feitag typed the following:
> Frog schrieb:
>> I checked the MailWasher Web page and learned that the free version of
>> this software is now MailWasher 6.51.  It indicates on the web page that
>> it is compatible with Thunderbird 2 (no mention of SeaMonkey is
>> indicated on this web page).  Is it likely that this MailWasher 6.51
>> software is compatible with SeaMonkey 1.1.17 software?
> Yes, Seamonkey 1.1.17 and TB2 are very similar.
>

>> Additionally, I
>> have downloaded the MailWasher 6.51 (free) software to my computer and
>> need to know how best to load it on my system (if anybody has experience
>> with this software).  Do I remove the existing software (via Add/Remove)
>> or simply let the updated version load over the existing version.  I
>> can't find the answer to this question on the software makers web page
>> (must have Pro version or the paid for version of MailWasher before I
>> can get this information from the software maker).  My reason for
>> wanting to be careful of my actions here is my present version has been
>> "trained" to recognize what I consider good messages and what I consider
>> to be spam.  I would like to maintain this established "training" in my
>> new updated version of MailWasher 6.51.
>
> It's probably a good idea to just "update" the existing installation then.
> As the major-Version didn't change this shouldn't be much of a problem.
> regards
>
> Martin

I've running the Pro version after using the free one for a couple of
years.  I have had no problems just downloading the latest versions and
installing without removing the existing version.  This through many
versions of SM also.

At present running XP-Pro SP3, SM1.1.17, MailWasher Pro 6.5.1 without
any problems.

--
Ed

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."  -Yoda to Luke Skywalker