BeeNeR wrote:
On or about 8/13/2009 5:39 AM, Martin Feitag typed the following:
Frog schrieb:
I checked the MailWasher Web page and learned that the free version of
this software is now MailWasher 6.51.  It indicates on the web page that
it is compatible with Thunderbird 2 (no mention of SeaMonkey is
indicated on this web page).  Is it likely that this MailWasher 6.51
software is compatible with SeaMonkey 1.1.17 software?
Yes, Seamonkey 1.1.17 and TB2 are very similar.

Additionally, I
have downloaded the MailWasher 6.51 (free) software to my computer and
need to know how best to load it on my system (if anybody has experience
with this software).  Do I remove the existing software (via Add/Remove)
or simply let the updated version load over the existing version.  I
can't find the answer to this question on the software makers web page
(must have Pro version or the paid for version of MailWasher before I
can get this information from the software maker).  My reason for
wanting to be careful of my actions here is my present version has been
"trained" to recognize what I consider good messages and what I consider
to be spam.  I would like to maintain this established "training" in my
new updated version of MailWasher 6.51.
It's probably a good idea to just "update" the existing installation then.
As the major-Version didn't change this shouldn't be much of a problem.
regards

Martin

I've running the Pro version after using the free one for a couple of
years.  I have had no problems just downloading the latest versions and
installing without removing the existing version.  This through many
versions of SM also.

At present running XP-Pro SP3, SM1.1.17, MailWasher Pro 6.5.1 without
any problems.

Thanks for the two replies to my message. I have subsequently signed up for the pro version ($19.98) and it is now up and running. I am sure, however, that I will be making a few additional tweaks to the settings to make it work as the free version previously worked.

Ed, you indicated that you use the MailWasher Pro version. Thus, I now have a couple of additional questions for you about the software that came with my MailWasher purchase--i.e., Benign and SiteHound. Do you use either of these software packages? If so, what has been your experience with either or both of these packages?

Thanks again Martin and Ed for answering my call for help.

Frog