When you boot the computer, does it boot into safe or normal mode. I seem to recall that once you are in safe mode, you have to reboot and select normal mode to get into normal mode.

I'm not sure, but I think you cannot install programs in safe mode, probably because is has minimal capabilities and is primarily for diagnosis.

Smiles wrote:
good day

I am trying to reinstall 1.1.17 on my wifes computer under windowsXP
The old profile is there but the installer comes up with an error saying I am in safe mode!!

does any one have an idea what is wrong?

thanks for the advise
Smiles