Robert Kaiser wrote:
> Less than 8 weeks after the first beta, the SeaMonkey team released
> SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2 today, completing the planned feature set for the
> next generation of the successful Internet suite, with a final 2.0
> version expected next month.
>
> Building on the great heritage of the Netscape Communicator and
> Mozilla Application suites, SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2 combines a
> state-of-the-art web browser based on the same core as Firefox 3.5.3
> with a solid email and newsgroups client and a simple HTML editor,
> rounding the experience with web development tools and IRC chat.
>
> In addition to the changes in the first beta release, this version
> features:
>   - tabbed mail, enabling accounts, folders and even single messages to
>     be opened in tabs inside the Mail & Newsgroups window, as well as
>     enabling the Lightning extension to be installed into SeaMonkey for
>     calendering functionality.
>   - a completely renewed default theme on Mac OS X to better fit with
>     the look of Leopard and Snow Leopard,
>   - reopening of closed browser windows (Undo Close Window),
>   - introduction of simpler interfaces for extension developers
>     ("SMILE"),
>   - and a large number of other, smaller improvements.
>
> The release notes include a detailed list of improvements in
> comparison to SeaMonkey 1.1.18, our current stable release.
>
> We welcome any and all discussions on this beta on our newsgroups, or
> you can even file a bug if you find one. Be sure to check our known
> issues prior to filing bugs.
>
> SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 2 is available for free download on the SeaMonkey
> website. Once you have downloaded and installed this release, we'd
> like to encourage you to get involved in discussing and reporting
> problems as well as further improving the product.
>
> Thanks for testing and helping us to make SeaMonkey even better!
>

> Full news article:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/news#2009-09-12
>
> Release notes:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0b2
>
> Downloads for all available platforms and languages:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.0b2
>
> System Requirements:
> http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/2.0/system-requirements
>
> Newsgroups: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/community#groups
> File a bug: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?format=guided
> Get Involved: http://www.seamonkey-project.org/dev/get-involved
>
> Robert Kaiser
> SeaMonkey project coordinator

To Mr. Kaiser et al: This does sound like a well thought out
combination, and I hope it works as predicted! Sorry, I have not
participated in developement, but I am terribly certain I could NOT have
contributed anything worthwhile! Believe it or not, I hope this works
out as well or better than expected! :-)

--
Old Sarge-John Boyle
IN GOD WE TRUST!