On 9/15/2009 7:38 AM PT, Robert Kaiser typed:

I don't use Ubuntu. I use raw Debian.

And I heard report of this problem from other distros as well, e.g. openSUSE 11.0.

So basically, all UNIX and Linux? Nothing in Mac OS X and Windows?

As for SeaMonkey package, I used
the seamonkey-1.1.18.en-US.linux-i686.tar.gz package from Mozilla's
server since Debian dropped IceApe (aka SeaMonkey) a few months ago. :(

And with the package from Mozilla servers, the NSS installed in your system shouldn't matter at all, as our packages use their internal NSS.

OK.

As we're using the same NSS in 1.1.18 as in 2.0b2, and apparently 2.0b2 doesn't have that problem on the same machines, it looks very much like the problem isn't even NSS itself, but how we actually load it.
If I just would understand any of that code...

Same here. I am just a QA tester. :D
--
"It's them!... Not THEM, the giant ants?!" --Girl and Crow
   /\___/\