Paul Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Arne <spam.pr...@not.valid> wrote:
Paul Hartman wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
On 9/24/2009 8:46 AM PT, Martin Freitag typed:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/free-utility-really-does-speed-firefox.htm
works for Firefox. Is there one for SeaMonkey v1.1.18?
http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox  says:
"Mozilla Firefox is a fast browser, but with the lapse of time it starts
working much slowly. The reason is fragmentation of profile databases. A
free tool SpeedyFox is designed specially to resolve that problem"

Don't take it granted but AFAIK Mozilla 1.1.x does not use SQLITE
databases.
regards
Thanks (same for Paul). Trying to tweak old SeaMonkey v1.x. :)
One thing that was slowing my Seamonkey 1.x down very badly was my
download history. Apparently I had never cleared it, ever! I don't use
the download manager, so I never had any reason to open it. It was
causing downloads to take quite some time to begin or end (can't
remember which), probably because it was reading and updating this
huge list of years worth of downloaded files.
Talking about Download Manager, I would like to have more options for it in
the Preferences.

Same as for History, the option for how long time I want to keep downloads
on the manager. Then old downloads would be deleted when time set expired.
That may need to order the downloads by date and not alphabetically, but I
would like that better too!

Tha option would allow me to not save any downloads at all, if I could set
the time to zero days. As it is now, I have to remember to manually delete
items from the manager even if I don't care to save any of them.

But if i want to save the latest for a couple of days, I have to remember
what the latest downloads was since the order is not set by date and there
is not even any date mentioned at all in the manager.

Would this be able to implement in a future release?

I use the MultiZilla add-on which has options to clear download
history (and all other similar things) upon exit.

If you want (or need) it for other features, it may be an option. But I don't want to install an multiply use extension to use only as a "download manager cleaner". Since SM has the manager, it should also have the options how to use it the same was as the history that SM also have.