On 10/12/2009 1:16 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:

Wow, today I have no more lags and pauses. I didn't change anything on my computer. Weird!!

Do you have "browser.chrome.load_toolbar_icons" set to 2?

Currently it is zero (0). Don't know if it was 2 when I was having problems.

I've asked because I've experienced the same lags around the same time, but they disappeared few days later. At first I've decided it could be related to the given setting (causing requests to some unresponsive site just to load its icon), but observing it more - seems it is less likely. I suspect some extension could have been causing it (may be because of similar reason - trying to connect to an unresponsive site).

I think it is related to AdBlock Plus v1.0.2 because removing it completely removed the pauses. I even tried disabling the extension, but still had them. Here's my extension list:

Last updated: Mon Oct 12 2009 21:08:47 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.23) Gecko/20090825 SeaMonkey/1.1.18

Extensions (enabled: 18)
* Adblock Plus (http://adblockplus.org/)
* BugMeNot (mailto:ehami...@gmail.com)
* Colored Tabs 1.3
* Coralize 0.9 (http://piki.org/patrick/)
* Extension Uninstaller API 2.0 (http://jgillick.nettripper.com/)
* Flashblock (http://flashblock.mozdev.org/)
* IE View 1.4.3 (http://ieview.mozdev.org/)
* Mnenhy - Chrome Manager (http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/)
* Mnenhy - Custom Headers (http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/)
* Mnenhy - Junk Filter Tools (http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/)
* Mnenhy - MailNews FolderStore (http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/)
* Mnenhy - MailNews Sidebar (http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/)
* Mnenhy - MailNews-Enhancements (http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/)
* Mnenhy - Registry Viewer (http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/)
* Mnenhy - Text Codecs (http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/)
* Preferences Toolbar (http://prefbar.mozdev.org/)
* SessionSaver 0.2d (http://adblock.mozdev.org/sessionsaver/)
* TinyUrl Creator 2.0 (http://mozmonkey.com/)

So far, pauses haven't returned. I hope it never does.
--
"It is said that the lonely eagle flies to the mountain peaks while the lowly ant crawls the ground, but cannot the soul of the ant soar as high as the eagle?" --unknown
   /\___/\