Ant schrieb:
On 10/12/2009 3:48 AM PT, Martin Freitag typed:

I noticed my SeaMonkeys v1.1.18 don't seem to cache when the
connection is secured (SSL)? Is this normal for security reasons?
Yes.

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache.disk_cache_ssl>
Ah thanks. Do all other Web broswers beside Mozilla's do this by design?

IE caches them by default. Can be disabled under
Internet Options->Advanced->Security->Do not save encrypted pages to
disk.
Dunno about Opera right now...

Is it possible to purge secured caches after logging off the secured Web
site? Or do I have to purge all of my caches?

You would need to empty the whole cache in all browsers I know.
I wouldn't recommend caching SSL-sites without having a good reason to do so, then this problem doesn't exist.
regards

Martin
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii