On 10/16/2009 1:43 PM PT, swsnyder typed:

On Oct 16, 4:02 pm, Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
Hello!

CLSID, a developer for QT Alternative/Lite v3.0.0
(http://www.codecguide.com/) and I are trying to figure out why its QT
plug-ins crashes in SeaMonkey v1.1.18 (not v2.0 RC1).

You can see our forum thread/conversations
inhttp://codecs.freeforums.org/post8953.html...

For now, I went back to QT Lite v2.9.2. Does anyone have the latest
Apple's bloated QuickTime version installed with SeaMonkey v1.1.18?

I found that the official v7.6.4 crashes SM 1.1.18 on a WinXP/SP3
system.  Reverted to SM v1.1.17 and all is well.

Interesting. What is different between v1.1.17 and v1.1.18 for QuickTime plugins?

In my experience, all it takes to reproduce the problem is to enter
http://domain.com/path/to/somefile.mp3 in the URL field.  The crash
occures even if another application (say, Windows Media Player) is the
defined application for that file type.  I get the same error message
referred to in your link above.  Another way, the way it was first
reported to me, is to click on a link to an MP3 file from within an
Outlook Express message.

I didn't file a bug report because the 1.1.18 on which the problem was
seen was built by me and I didn't have time to test the official
binary release.  Now I do have time, but Quicktime won't install on
the Win2K systems I have available.

Yeah, Windows 2000 SP4 is too old for QuickTime and iTunes.
--
"The world flatters the elephant and tramples on the ant." --Indian
   /\___/\