Tomas Thrainsson wrote:
On Oct 27, 10:30 am, Robert Kaiser<ka...@kairo.at>  wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
The SeaMonkey project at Mozilla is excited to release its completely
refurbished next generation of the all-in one Internet suite today

Oops, forgot another followup-to, please reply only to
mozilla.support.seamonkey!

Robert Kaiser

I'm sorry to say, but there's a problem with the latest release.

I upgraded it from 1.1.18 and after the upgrade I had a strange
occurrence.
Every time I try to run Seamonkey, it shuts down all by itself without
ever opening a window. I tried downloading it again without any
change.
I hope this gets addressed, because I really like this client, at
least up to now.

Tomas Thrainsson

Well, I just installed 2.0 final over the top of 1.1.14 on an XP box, snd all went very smoothly, so it is not a generic problem, but something about your system.

The best thing for you to do would be to post a separate topic, and give more information about your system, for example, what service packs are installed, and how you installed, over the top of the existing installation, or did you uninstall first, for example.

Posting a separate topic will get your problem more attention, rather then having it hide here in an announcement thread.

Lee