From: James<res07...@gte.net>
To:support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Subject: Re: Where To Install SM2..

I just updated and as far as I can see the entire old Seamonkey is gone
[overwritten] just like the Seamonkey site tells you it's going to be.
I just wondered where you got the idea that it wouldn't do what they
specifically tell you it_will_ do. Perhaps in a Beta???

Anyway, clicking on my old shortcut to Seamonkey 1.x now loads Seamonkey
2.0 and I don't see the old one anywhere. It's probably not a good idea
to keep telling people they'll still have the old version to fall back
on when the download page tells you that you won't. Maybe if you
installed it in some other location???

I'm using Vista Home Basic 64 bit.

James
.
.

> Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:44:07 -0400
> From: Leonidas Jones<leonidasjo...@netscape.net>
> To:support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
> Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Where To Install SM2..
>
> James wrote:
>
>> > Then why is this note on the Seamonkey page under Installation?

>> > .
>> > Thanks,
>> > James
>> > .
>> > .

independently of

> Well, all I can say is that installing 2.0 on Win XP SP3 installed
to a
> separate SeaMonkey folder in Program Files, leaving 1.1.14
untouched in
> the mozilla.org folder.
>
> On the other hand, on Mac OS X, I installed it as instructed to
> Applications, which did overwrite 1.1.18.
>
> At least that is what happened to me.
>
> Lee

Whew!!!

Thanks for confirming that! I suspect the directions were written before the fact, and things changed at the last minute. Anyhow, I'm glad you have both versions.

Lee