While we have the gripe mode "on" please let me ask a question about Seamonkey spell checker. In 1.1.18 and the ones just before that the spell checker is the most horrible program I've ever tried to use. While it will get some corrections right as often as not the algorithm used to suggest possibilities seems to be basically throwing a dart at a dictionary, because the choices have nothing whatsoever that I can see that is similar in any way to the word I've misspelled.

In addition the vocabulary of the spell checker dictionary seems extremely limited. Anybody else notice that; or know if 2.0 has improved?

Thanks,
James
.
.
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:15:39 -0500 From: INFO WG <i...@windowgroup.com> To: support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org Subject: Re: SM 2 Modal window - password manager - Vol 46, Issue 129 Message-ID: <pc1760200910280615390843f62dd...@desktop_jr> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 RE: SM 2 modal windows and that password manager... e...@edmullen.net wrote:
>  Well, except for the totally ill-conceived trashing of the modal windows.
> > If I have multiple accounts for a single site (say, American Express,
>  which I do, and many many other sites), and the reason I stored that
>  account info in SeaMonkey in the first place was because I can't and
>  don't want to have to recall the arcane login info, then, no, the new
>  paradigm doesn't work.<<  snipped for brevity>>

For Pete's sake, just return or do SM 2's modal windows and SM's password
manager to how it's done in Firefox 3.5x.

[...]

Joe