Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:27:39 -0700
From: User<u...@user.com>
To:support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: SM 2.0 URL escape character auto conversion

NoOp wrote:
>  On 10/30/2009 06:01 PM, User wrote:
>>  I recently copied a URL which contained spaces, from the URL field of the
SM 2.0
>>  browser, into a SM 2.0 mail composition window, and then saved the e-mail
as a
>>  draft. Upon reviewing the saved draft (without re-opening it for editing), I
>>  noticed that clickable portion of the URL with spaces that I pasted into the
>>  e-mail was truncated at the first space character encountered. Obviously,
this
>>  is not surprising.
>>
>>  However, I seem to recall that in SM 1.X versions, when pasting a URL with
>>  spaces or other special characters into the SM mail composition window, an
>>  automatic conversation process would take place whereby the pasted URL in
the
>>  mail composition would then contain the necessary escape characters (e.g.
for

<https://help.ubuntu.com/community#Getting%20to%20know%20and%20work%20with%20your%20system>

>  [1] Sorry for not finding an mozilla example, but this is one that I
>  know from heart:-)

Thanks for confirming that. I wasn't sure from using SM 1.X all these years, but
I did remember that I have NEVER had to manually insert escape characters when
pasting ANY URL into the mail composition window. I guess this is yet another
item on the to-do list for Seamonkey developers.