Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Walter wrote:

Where in preferences or elsewhere do I tell SeaMonkey which program to use in opening a particular kind of file, i.e. .jpg, exe, doc, tef, ? I have tried the setting in preferences/helper applications but it makes no difference.

See also Edit | Preferences | Advanced | System...

If that doesn't help, report back with details of what's happening and when and one of the experts will jump in and help.

I am trying to read a .tef file created by TablEdit, a program which creates tablature for musical instruments. There is a special font (tef265.ttf) Which this program uses. It is in my font file. When I click on a .tef file

(http://everythingdulcimer.com/tab/Be_thou_my_vision_DAD.tef)

instead of the notes and tab numbers, question marks are in those positions. If I do a shift/click then SeaMonkey file download manager kicks in and then I can click on launch file and the file is displayed correctly with notes and tab numbers and I can play the song and make adds/changes. This problem has occurred in the past two months whereby it had worked for several years before. I believe I have made a change somewhere but I cannot find it.

Under Preferences/helper applications I have added "application/tef and under "file type details" I have added "open these files with "tabledit.exe" This makes no difference.

If you need further clarification I will try to supply it.

W.