Walter wrote:
William Morrison wrote:
Walter wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Walter wrote:
Where in preferences or elsewhere do I tell SeaMonkey which program to use in opening a particular kind of file, i.e. .jpg, exe, doc, tef, ? I have tried the setting in preferences/helper applications but it makes
no difference.

Walter.

Excuse me for jumping in in the middle of this but wouldn't this be an "Open With" setting in Windows to control what app to open it with and that SeaMonkey would pick up the queuing from there as to what to open it with or what options to give you?

Big Bill,

I think you have maybe come up on the solution. To get back to my original question, where is this setting, (in this case, Windows)? I have looked under system on the control panel but cannot find it there. Where else can I look? I remember seeing this option from time to time but I cannot find it now.

THanks to all, keep the suggestions coming.

Right click on one of these files, saved anywhere on you hard drive or disk drive, you want to open. The third option down is "Open With" click it and click it again in the next window then select the correct program to open it with and also check the box on the lower part of this window marked something like "Use this Program to Open This File All of the Time"

--
Big Bill
Massillon, Oh USA