In previous versions/editions of SM email would not be retrieved until I started the email program. In 2.0 mail is loaded when I start the browser. This might not seem to be a problem but let me explain. I have a laptop that I use when I travel. This week I started it to install new software from the web and update XP, etc.

Email was retrieved while I was browsing. Now when I returned to my base system the email was no longer retrieved because SM thought was already read.

Is there a setting that I couldn't find to suppress retrieval until the email program is started?