Rex wrote:
Mr. Cheese wrote:
In previous versions/editions of SM email would not be retrieved until I
started the email program. In 2.0 mail is loaded when I start the
browser. This might not seem to be a problem but let me explain.
I have a laptop that I use when I travel. This week I started it to
install new software from the web and update XP, etc.

Email was retrieved while I was browsing. Now when I returned to my base
system the email was no longer retrieved because SM thought was already
read.

Is there a setting that I couldn't find to suppress retrieval until the
email program is started?

Did you even look at the preferences pane before posting the question?
It's RIGHT THERE when you go to mail & newsgroups preferences - a
checkbox titled 'Only check mail when I start Mail & Newsgroups'!!

If you've enabled that option and are still seeing this problem, well
that's another matter.