David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/1/2009 10:17 PM, Bush wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Bush wrote:
David Wilkinson wrote:
Bush wrote:
It is not that she is using SeaMonkey 1.1.14, but rather that the
user agent string is apparently not spoofing FireFox (unlike yours,
which does).

Please follow what I said ...

We both Can see what the other is seeing on those web sites ...

They say hers is Not Spoofed with 1.1.14

And they say Mine is spoofed with 1.1.18

Both of our computer can See What Seamonkey 2.0 cannot See .

I think there is a site called photobucket . I may just create an
account and Upload Screen shots from Each Computer .

Start up 2 incidents of seamokey 1.1.14 on my wifes computer .
One page will have that TV guide site in the background and I will
Shrink the 2nd incident with About seamonkey in Front of the TV
guide page ... Do a Screen shot and Upload that Screen shot to
Photobucket .

And likewise Do the Same with my Computer That is runnung What they
are saying as SPOOFED Ver 1.1.18

And put a link to Each screenshot here .

This will be Done Tomorrow .

Will this Satified All of YOU ?
I am not saying I do not believe you. I am saying that I am puzzled
by what you are reporting. Everybody else with an unaltered version
of 1.x or 2.0 says the TVGuide site does not work correctly.

When I had 2.0 om my computer I do not think I went to The TV guide
site . But I did go to the blm site and IT did not view the site .

I uninstalled 2.0

reinstalled 1.1.18 and I can view Both Sites .

My Wife Has XP and seamonkey 1.1.14 And her computer Can View Both
Sites .And the TV guide sit does show the info on the programs when I
click it and the info is in a RED box that has a White background

I view it the Same way on my computer as hers .

I do have the Photobucket site Set up
But I think u want to see my wifes computer Screenshot .. Her computer
is in the Bedroom and I will be in Big trouble if I go in their and
turn on the lights .

I am going to Create a screen shot of my computer with the TVguide
site and also the about seamonkey page .. The link will be in the next
line

I hope this works tomorrow I will do one from my wifes computer

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/willy48529/?action=view&current=tvguide.jpg

This may work better

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii69/willy48529/tvguide.jpg
Sure, it shows your spoofed UA as FF 2.0.0.7, of course it works, that
was never in question.

Lee
What does the seamonkey 2.0 about seamonkey Say ?

Does it say Firefox or does it say Seamonkey or Mozilla...
The problem is that, when Web servers sniff for the user agent (UA)
string that identifies the browser, the software doing so fails to
evaluate the context.  That is, finding "Firefox" in the UA string is
treated as if the browser is Firefox.

Thus, my spoof
        Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4)
                Gecko/20091017 SeaMonkey/2.0, NOT Firefox/3.5.3
is treated by the Web server as if I were using Firefox, ignoring both
the "NOT" in front of the "Firefox" and the "SeaMonkey".  Only a human
looking at the server's raw logs would notice that I'm really using
SeaMonkey.  I must guess, however, that raw server logs are rarely if
ever seen by humans.

You know what my UA string says.  I know what it says.  But the software
on the Web server that is sniffing for the UA string doesn't know what
the whole string says; it only knows that it found "Firefox".

You know your browser is SeaMonkey 1.1.18.  From what I see of your
toolbars, I believe you.  But Web servers look at the UA string -- the
line just below the very large "SeaMonkey 1.1.18" -- and determine you
are using Firefox 2.0.0.7.

I'd like to ask a question about what this discussion is going on about. Is it possible for someone to download a copy of any version of Seamonkey that already has a spoof edited into it, thus causing it to report something other than the actual version it is?

--
Big Bill