Zanqeutil schrieb:
I love Seamonkey 2.0 and now 2.01 !

The migration went without any problems, SM2 ipmorted everything from
SM 1.1.18.

Question.

This site completely feezes my PC in SM2.

http://www.daralhayat.com/morenews/english/

SM2 CPU load is 100 %. I have to kill SM2 in the taskmanager and
that takes minutes because I can hardly move my mouse.

SM 1.1.18, same site: CPU load is 88 - 93 %, browsing the site is
possible but sluggish.

The same site loads with no problems with IE 6.1 and Opera 10.10.

Has it to do with Java, site errors or my system ?

The worst thing is that one:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7850/zwischenablage01wl.png (100KB)
Probably some stupid Javscript moving it. When you open Taskanager and hover with the mouse over that line so that the side-scrolling stops, you can see the CPU load decreases drastically. The webmaster is calculating too many steps for scrolling it seems.

Note: I'm using Flashblock*, this might reduce CPU-load even more if a flash animation is running there (at least one flash element has been blocked on that site for me)
regards

Martin

* http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.asciiribbon.org/index-de.html