Martin Freitag schreef:
Martin Freitag schrieb:
Zanqeutil schrieb:
Has it to do with Java, site errors or my system ?

The worst thing is that one:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7850/zwischenablage01wl.png (100KB)
Probably some stupid Javscript moving it. When you open Taskanager and
hover with the mouse over that line so that the side-scrolling stops,
you can see the CPU load decreases drastically. The webmaster is
calculating too many steps for scrolling it seems.

Note: I'm using Flashblock*, this might reduce CPU-load even more if a
flash animation is running there (at least one flash element has been
blocked on that site for me)
regards

Martin

* http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

Please keep in mind that Javs is _not_ Javascript.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer.

I did a quick test.

I disabled Java in SM2 (preferences) and now this same site runs fine.
http://www.daralhayat.com/morenews/english/

I'm still wandering why badly written java scripts affects SM2 more then SM 1.1.18 on my system. I even cannot move my mouse when I use SM2.
So I cannot hoover over that line, as you suggested in your screenshot.

Here is another site (Dutch) it freezes SM2 completely CPU Load 100%
SM 1.1.18 is sluggish but browsable.
http://vara.dmd.omroep.nl/x/?S7Y1.p9ra2FmYPy.yNbMxNLY2BAAm61&ns_service=mail&ns_robot=partner-webpower&ns_mail_uid=649331&ns_mail_job=8603&ns_campaign=Kassa%20Consumenten&category=kassa&po_source=email&ns_source=email&ns_mchannel=nieuws_informatie&ns_linkname=weblink&ns_webdir=kassa&thema=consument

Strange that these sites loads normally in Opera and IE6

I will have a look at flashblock.

Regards, Zanqeutil