Robert Kaiser wrote:
Rufus wrote:
They do have control over Themes

True, and that's why we finally, after 10 years revamped the theme to fit way better with current desktop environments. Unfortunately, we left out a few pieces and there are some parts where we could have done even better, but we're missing a good graphical designer in our community. Do you know one willing to help and donate all his work on it to the project under very open licensing?

I'm an engineer, not a graphic designer. All of what I work with is implemented to convey information to the user (pilots and crew) as efficiently and completely as possible, with little consideration for form - it has to be that way so that fatal mistakes aren't made.

There's gucci-graphics, and then there's what works and what's useful. There are likely some readily available standards for user interfaces - like button size, scaling for screen presentations, etc. - that in the absence of having a design professional on the team the team could still refer to in making design decisions. That would be a start.

...so, what you've just told me is that the Form Manager doesn't have a
snowball's chance of coming back.

Right, it cannot come back in its old form, the old code it used is nothing anyone of us understands or can work with. All we can do it building something on top of the new form management code that improves it and maybe brings back some of the most-missed parts of functionality from the old interface. Still, all that needs someone to work on it, and right now, all I have seen is talk and not deeds.

Robert Kaiser

...staffing is always an issue.  Sometimes it's THE issue...

--
     - Rufus