HenriK wrote:
My memory is that a workaround was required when one wanted to have SM v.1.x installed in a HD partition other than c:\.

Does SM v.2.x also require some sort of a workaround if one desires it to be installed in a HD partition other than c:\? If so, where do I find the instructions for the workaround?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

I am very appreciative of the good advice but I still am not doing something right or am a bit thick in the head.

I copied the original profile location under 'Documents and Settings' on my c:\ drive (all of the stuff in the folder that has what appears to be a randomly generated name) and then pasted it to the partition where I really want these files to reside. I further pointed SeaMonkey e-mail to the new location.

What has happened is quite weird. The mail now goes to the new location but the address book and the bookmarks (and perhaps other things) have remained in the original 'Documents and Settings' folder on my c:\ drive.

Can anybody suggest what I might have done wrong and suggest a fix for the problem?

Thanks, in advance, for suggestions and comments.