Martin Freitag wrote:
HenriK schrieb:
HenriK wrote:
My memory is that a workaround was required when one wanted to have SM
v.1.x installed in a HD partition other than c:\.

Does SM v.2.x also require some sort of a workaround if one desires it
to be installed in a HD partition other than c:\? If so, where do I
find the instructions for the workaround?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

I am very appreciative of the good advice but I still am not doing
something right or am a bit thick in the head.

I copied the original profile location under 'Documents and Settings' on
my c:\ drive (all of the stuff in the folder that has what appears to be
a randomly generated name) and then pasted it to the partition where I
really want these files to reside. I further pointed SeaMonkey e-mail to
the new location.

What has happened is quite weird. The mail now goes to the new location
but the address book and the bookmarks (and perhaps other things) have
remained in the original 'Documents and Settings' folder on my c:\ drive.

Can anybody suggest what I might have done wrong and suggest a fix for
the problem?

Thanks, in advance, for suggestions and comments.

Would be nice if you read yur own thread completely and try the suggestons made ;-)
hhpo0u$cb...@news.albasani.net

Same posting via google-groups: <http://www.google.com/url?url=http://groups.google.com/g/23e7fd7b/t/217a293f339b5cf8/d/26c1ef4cc775c367%3Fq%3D%2326c1ef4cc775c367&ei=sPBKS461JoLCQ9izqW0&sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&source=groups&usg=AFQjCNFne6e2F9kEt2xDBWN5OzwntD-Qsw>

Rest assured that I while I may be 72 and have had considerable eye surgery, I still see well enough to read things accurately and completely. I printed out your suggestions and, so far as I can tell, did exactly what you said to do. However, I should have also mentioned that when I deleted the original profile in 'Documents and Settings' that , SM 2.01 wouldn't work any more and returned the following error message when I tried to start either SeaMonkey or SeaMonkey Mail:

"SeaMonkey is already running but is not responding. To open an new window, you must first close the existing SeaMonkey process, or restart your system".

As I don't understand what it means to "... close the existing SeaMonkey process ..." and I don't see any SeaMonkey things when I do contr-alt-del, I repeatedly cold booted the system, but the same error message keeps being returned. SeaMonkey and SeaMonkey e-mail only worked again when I restored the deleted profile to its original location. I.e., something goes haywire when the original profile is deleted from 'Documents and Settings'.

Second, the <hhpo0u$cb...@news.albasani.net> reference you give appears to be in the form of an e-mail address, rather than a URL, or is in a form that I don't understand. Please clarify.

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.