Leonidas Jones wrote:
u...@domain.invalid wrote:
cmcadams wrote:
Last evening I finally uninstalled 1.1.18, and installed 2.03. My

Profiles
Bookmarks
Email and newsgroup accounts
Addresses
Saved emails

didn't make the trip. 2.0.3's wizard said it had imported everything,
but no evidence of that. Asking 2.03 to import the missing items after
installation was fruitless since I don't use Eudora, Outlook, etc. The
browser itself was functional. 1.1.18 is now back in use.

The OS is XP SP3.

Yes, I have a nonstandard SM installation. Program files are installed
to:

E:\Mozilla\SMonkey

to keep my boot partition smaller, which makes boot partition image
backups easier. 2.0.3 was installed to the same location.

1.1.18's config files have always been in the standard place:

C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Application Data

Has anyone dealt with this before, or can point me to a page where
someone has?

I had issues like that clear back when they came-out with SeaMonkey 2-
the best way is not to upgrade until they get all the bugs worked-out, I
think there's a settings under preferences, advanced for Seamonkey not
to search for a upgrade. Stay tuned to this channel for news of when a
good version comes out.

Jack

I'm afraid you're wrong there.

The problem the OP posted was one of a problem profile migration. That
is not a flaw in the program itself, but in the migration process. That
is not going to improve. Anyone who is waiting for an improved migration
tool is going to have a long wait. In fact, the profile migration will
probably go away entirely, though that will be a while.

The real answer is to migrate the data manually. It may be a pain but
once its done its done, and you willbe positioned to move on.

Yes, we all hope that there will be many improvements to the suite, but
an improved migration tool, probably not.

Lee

After many failed profile migration attempts, I discovered the key is to change the program group that SM is installed in. Instead of accepting the default Seamonkey, I changed it to Seamonkey2. Migration proceeded normally, and all my profile settings, email, passwords, etc. were carried over. Plug-ins and extensions were lost and had to be manually re-installed.

HTH

Lance