On 2010-03-08, Roger Fink <f...@manana.org> wrote:

> Hello, and thanks for that information. I established the new string in
> about:config by copying in your data and typing in "true", and I also
> reestablished the mailto "open" command in Folder Options/File Types in
> Windows (Win2000), which I had previously deleted in trying to solve this.
> However, Seamonkey still continues to open only its own email client.

Maybe you did this not correctly. The parameter is not a string parameter
with the string "true" as value, it is a boolean parameter with the
boolean value true, like all the other protocol-handler entries.

In the about:config windows it should look like:

network.protocol-handler.external.mailto   user set   boolean   true

You can also compare this with Firefox where it is set by default in this
way.

J.Roderburg